Electrostatic deflectors can be used for charged particle beam guidance and deflection as elements of beam optics.
Designed with four electrodes, it allows a deflection of the ion beam in both horizontal and vertical directions.
The electrostatic deflector can be operated in broad pressure ranges, down to ultra-high vacuum conditions.
|category||charged particle beam optics|
|pressure operating range||down to 1·10-10 mbar|
|maximum electrode voltage||±10 kV, or on customer request|
|electrode spacing||30 mm, or on customer request|
|mounting flange||DN100 CF, other dimensions (size, cylindrical or planar)
on customer request;
DN63 CF or other flange dimensions or flange types
on customer request
|maximum bakeout temperature||150 °C|
|approx. box size (length x width x height)||60 mm x 280 mm x 280 mm (DN100 CF flanges)|
- four electrodes enable horizontal and vertical beam deflection for beam position and angle correction or beam scanning
- refocusing of ion beams by superimposing lens voltages onto both deflector electrodes simultaneously
- use as a beam scanner in combination with suitable potential control on the deflector electrodes
- electrode voltage of up to ±10 kV
- 30 mm distance between electrode segments, other spacing on customer request
- compact design in one casing thus requiring little space, allowing uncomplicated integration into existing setups
- electrical feedthroughs for all voltages
Optional Supplementing Devices
- power supplies for electrodes
- optional control software
- further customization possible